Friday 14 December 2012

DIY Bon Voyage Cake

Hello Everyone!

This post is my first posting about baking. At the end of August, I had a get together for a friend who was leaving to go to Korea to teach. This is the cake I made for the occasion.

Things you need:
-cake mix
-icing (2-3 cans)
-rice crispies square ingredients
-tooth picks
-paper flags
-mini paper airplane
-string
-tape

Step 1:
First thing you need to do is make the cake. Follow the instructions on the box and bake the cake.

Step 2:
Next make the rice crispie squares recipe. With some of the mix, you will need to make a round ball. This will become the earth.

Step 3:
Once the cake has cooled, you can ice the cake in any color you choose. Then take tooth picks and stick the earth onto the cake. The tooth picks will help it stay in place.

Step 4:
Once you have stuck the earth in the cake, you will need to ice it. I dyed white icing blue and then covered the round ball. Then I took the green icing I already had and made some land masses. I then stuck the paper flags in the rice crispie earth. The flags were the flags of Canada and South Korea. I then attached the mini paper airplane with string and tape.

Step 5:
Last, I wrote a Bon Voyage message on the cake! It turned out to be really good.


Happy Baking Crafters!

No comments:

Post a Comment