Monday 13 April 2015

Planner Decor on a Budget: DIY Journal Card Inserts! {Late Post}

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all are enjoying your Friday. I am actually writing this from my bed on Thursday evening. I have been laid up in bed since Tuesday with some sort of flu or cold. It has sucked. Anyway, I thought I would bring you another post about some of the journaling decor I've made. Today, I'm going to show you how simple it is to make a journaling card that can be inserted into a spiral ring planner. All you need is a few supplies and a bit of patience! Let's get started!

Things You Need:
-hole punch
-journal card
-marker
-clear page flag (post-it)
-scissors

Step 1




Step 1:
Take the Post-It page flag and stick it to the back of the journal card. Make sure it is straight and lined up.




Step 2





Step 2:
Place it near the spiral rings to mark where you will be placing it. Once you are satisfied with the placement and it's not going to stick or get caught, mark the spiral rings on the page flag. Make the marks in the middle of the page flag.



Step 3




Step 3:
Take your hole puncher and put the marks you made with the marker in the middle of the circle. Punch out each mark you made. You may have to take the scissors and snip the last little bit off. I found that my hole punch couldn't cut through the page flag properly.



Step 4




Step 4:
Once you have punched all the holes, take the scissors and snip the little piece of page flag near the edge so you can push each ring into the hole. Insert it into your planner and Voila!!!! You have just made your own journal card insert.







There you have it! A simple and affordable way to insert journaling cards into your spiral planner. I hope that you enjoyed this little tutorial. I love making these little inserts with journaling cards I have lying around. Let me know in the comments below what other kind of planner DIYs you would like to see in the future! Until next time, Happy Planner Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment