Monday 31 October 2016

Happy Fall Y'all: DIY Harry Potter Tee

Hi Everybody!

Hope you are having a good October so far! I'm bringing you another DIY and I hope all you Harry Potter fans out there especially enjoy it! It is a Harry Potter book title tee. This project is somewhat easy, yet time consuming so make sure you have at least an hour. It can be a bit pricy if you don't have the supplies.... for me, everything costed about $12, because I already had the stamps. Let's get started!

Things You Need:
- plain tee shirt (in a colour you will be able to see the lettering in)
- fabric paint (I went with black)
- stamps
- painter's tape
- wipes (to clean off the stamps)
- a piece of cardboard for the shirt

Step 1:
Carefully, mark where you want the words to go. I put the shirt on and marked where I wanted the words to start with the painter's tape. Take the shirt off (if you did what I did) and finish marking the two sides and the bottom with the tape.

Step 2:
Next, take the stamps and lay them out on your shirt so you get an idea of where you want the first word to go.

Step 3:
Once you are happy with it, take the piece of cardboard and put it between the front and back of the tee. This will protect the back of the shirt from any paint seeping through. After that, take your fabric paint and pour some out onto something you don't mind throwing out after. I used an extra piece of cardboard.

Step 4:
With a paintbrush, generously put an even amount of paint onto your stamp. Then make sure it is lined up and straight before you press it down onto the tee. Continue this process until you have completed all the words.

Step 5:
Once you have completed all the words, put it somewhere it can either lay flat or hang to dry. After it has dried, follow the instructions on the fabric paint bottle before you wear it. I had to wash mine after 72 hours inside out before wearing.

And you are done!!! That is all there is to it! I hope that you enjoyed this little tutorial on making your own Harry Potter tee. I am so happy with how mine turned out. Be sure to let me know if you do this DIY... I would love to see your versions of this DIY. Thank you so much for stopping by! This community means the world to me! Until next time, Happy Crafting! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment