Monday 31 October 2016

Happy Fall Y'all: DIY Hello Fall Canvas Art

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well on this lovely but somewhat chilly Thanksgiving Saturday. I am looking forward to spending the day with lovely company and eating a ton of yummy foods! Anyway, I just wanted to share with you a DIY project that turned out rather well. It doesn't cost too much and isn't too time consuming! Here is what you will need...

- a canvas (in your preferred size)
- faux fall leaves
- hot glue gun
- hot glue gun sticks
- paint
- paintbrush
-gold marker

Step 1:
Take your canvas, your paint and paint brush and paint the entire canvas. I chose black because it makes everything pop but you can choose whatever colour you want. Set the canvas aside to dry.

Step 2:
Once the canvas is dry, take your leaves and place them on the canvas until you are satisfied with how it looks. This is to give you a rough idea of how everything will look when completed.

Step 3:
Next, take your glue gun and start gluing the leaves to the canvas. Be sure to be careful, as the glue might seep through the faux leaves and can burn you.

Step 4:
Once you are done gluing, unplug your glue gun and then take your gold marker and write out whatever Autumn phrase you chose onto the canvas, where you want it to go. If it is easier, you can use a pencil first and a ruler. You can tweak it if needed.

And that is it! Be sure to hang it where you can admire it. It is an easy project that is really hard to mess up. I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial. Be sure to come back for more. I apologize for things being crazy.... I am going through a period of transition so I am hoping that it will start to get back to normal so I can post more regularly. Thanks again for stopping by and until next time, Happy Crafting! xo


2 comments:

  1. Wow nice idea for presenting a seasons greeting to my love... thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I' so glad you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by! And sorry for the late reply to your comment!

      Delete