Monday 7 October 2013

Autumn in a Bowl - DIY Centerpiece

Hello, my crafty friends!

I hope you are all wonderful on this blustery Monday night. It has been a pretty crazy day here, weather-wise, in Ottawa. It poured off and on for a good portion of the day, around 6pm the sun made an appearance and then around 9pm, it was so window that when I walked out of Starbucks, the door flew open so hard, I was sure it was going to rip off. It was kinda a nice walk home for how windy it was. The colored leaves were everywhere, falling on the ground. Anyway, today's DIY project is the fastest, easiest centrepiece I've ever made. Let's get started!

Things you will need:
-clear glass bowl (your choice. I got mine from Dollarama for $3, I think)
-material leaves (or real ones if you wish)
-plastic pumpkins and gourds (I got a little bag that included a couple of pinecones for $2 at Dollarama)
-pinecones (2-3 depending on the size of the bowl)

Step 1:
Clean the bowl if necessary. Also, if there is a price sticker on it, carefully take that off too.

Step 2:
Take the material leaves and pumpkins/gourds out of the plastic. Choose which ones you want to use in your bowl. Because my bowl is on the smaller side, I only used the small pumpkins, pinecones and gourds. The baggie of pumpkins, gourds and pinecones did come with bigger pumpkins and pinecones, but I used them in other decorating (see my other blog, The Brittany Report). I also had a few other plastic pumpkins that I bought a few years ago which I added to the bowl.

Step 3:
Finally, I took some of the material leaves and sprinkled them into the bowl. I re-arranged them according to how I wanted it to look. I think I used like 5-6 leaves. If you are using real leaves, you can get them in all different sizes.

And that is how it's done! So simple, and so easy. I think it took me ten minutes to put together. Put it on your mantle or on your coffee or kitchen table and ENJOY!

NOTE: It could also be done where you do a different centrepiece for each season. For example, flowers in the spring with water and fake snow and a little village in the winter... or cranberries and pine tree and some glass ball ornaments!!! Get CREATIVE!! Have FUN!!!

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment