Thursday 3 October 2013

DIY Autumn Canvas

HAPPY OCTOBER CRAFTERS!!!

I hope you all are having a great beginning to October. I have been super busy! However, I am hoping that I will have some time this weekend to post some blogs. I have a few that are ready to be posted. Anyway, this one is super simple. It took me a couple days to do but this is only because I am busy. 
Let's get started!!!!

Things you will need: 
- stretch canvas (I got mine from Dollarama)
-gold spray paint (or another autumn like colour)
-foam letters (again, these I got at Dollarama)
- felt pre-cut leaves (from Dollar Tree)

Step 1: 
Using the foam letters, spell out the word "autumn" or "fall" on your canvas. Stick these onto the canvas. Mine were stickers that had a peel-off back. Super easy!!! To make sure they stay on, put a book on top of them so that it really presses them down. 

Step 2:
Take the canvas and the gold spray paint outside. (Note: Unless you are spraying on the grass, which will be cut eventually, I encouraged putting something underneath the canvas so you don't spray paint flower pots or the picnic table!!! I've done this to the picnic table before! Oops!)Let the canvas dry. In the sun, it doesn't take a whole lot of time. You might need to do a couple of coats. 

Step 3:
Figure out how you want to put your pre-cut felt leaves on the canvas. Once you have done this, use white glue or a glue gun to glue the felt leaves to the canvas. Let the glue dry. Then hang it up and enjoy!!!

Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment