Saturday 25 January 2014

DIY Shadow Box Decor - Christmas Edition! (Better Late than Never!)

Hey Everyone! 

I'm back again with another easy decor project. This one is a little late since it is a Christmas one, but hey, better late than never! This could be given as a gift or just made for a space that needs a little bit of decorating! It is super easy and fun to do. Let's get started!

Things you will need:
- shadow box
-paint
-paint brush
-scrapbook paper
-scissors
-scrapbooking stickers
-different sized Christmas bells

Step 1:
The first thing you need to do is obtain a shadow box. You can get these anywhere. If you want to paint it a certain colour, I would suggest going to a craft store like Micheal's. If not, you can get them at places like Dollarama. I lucked out and found a few at my local Value Village so you can always check out places like that too.

Step 2:
Once you have the shadow box of your choice, you can paint it a preferred colour. I went with Christmas red. You may need to prime it or do more than one coat. I think I did two coats on mine. Let it dry.

Step 3:
Once it is dry, you can take your scrapbook paper and measure how much you will need to fill the background. I found this to be the trickiest part because my shadow box was made a little bit weird. Try and get it as close to the edges at you like. Once you have chosen a background and cut it out so it fits, you can place it inside the shadow box.  (I didn't secure mine to the shadow box because I'm going to interchange the little paper and decoration inside the frame, but you can secure it if you wish)

Step 4:
Once the background is in, place your scrapbooking sticker(s) to where you want it. I chose "Jingle All The Way" because of the bells I am placing in it. You could also use foam letter stickers. I was going to but mine were too big.

Step 5: 
Once the scrapbook sticker(s) have been placed, go ahead and place in your Christmas bells. I chose silver because I couldn't find gold ones. I think it looks just as nice. Go ahead and close it up after that and voila!!! You are all done!

I hope you enjoyed this quick, easy and inexpensive little diy project. I will be posting more diy projects in the near future because I am doing a lot of diy wedding stuff so look for that! I also hope to get some Valentine's Day stuff up as well! Happy Crafting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment