Saturday 25 January 2014

DIY Shadow Box - Valentine's Day Edition!!!

Hello Again, my fellow Crafters! 

I'm back with yet another inexpensive and easy diy decor project. So with Valentine's Day right around the corner, I thought I would try and post some Valentine's Day themed DIY projects! This one is similar to my Christmas Shadow box post. It's quick, easy and so festive. Let's get started!

Things you will need:
-shadow box
-paint
-paint brush
-scrapbook paper
-foam letter stickers
-festive decor to put inside the frame

Step 1:
Obtain a shadow box. I got mine from Value Village on a whim. But you could also find paintable ones at places like Micheal's. If you don't want to paint them, I know you can find little ones at Dollarama. 

Step 2:
So if you decided to paint one, you can start now. You may need to paint a few coats onto it. Let it dry. If you opted for one that couldn't be painted, go to the next step.

Step 3:
Once you have let it dry, take the scrapbook paper you have chosen and measure out the size of the background. This could be tricky if you have one like me. Try to get the edges as close to the sides as possible. Once you have it how you want it, feel free to secure it to the back of the shadow box. I chose not to because I want to interchange the backgrounds and decor. 

Step 4:
Next, decide on a saying or word that you want to put on the scrapbook paper. I went with "xoxo". My foam letters are pretty big so if you do use foam letters, try and find smaller ones. Other things you could put are "smooch", "heart", "love", "kisses" or "hugs". The possibilities are endless! 

Step 5:
Once you've done the word/wording, you can put your little decor into the shadow box. I went with these red glitter balls. I think it makes it look so nice and festive. Then you can close it up and you're done! 

It was that easy! Now find a spot for it and enjoy! Happy Crafting! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment