Thursday 21 June 2012

Splatter Art Canvas

Hello my fantastic crafters!

Again this week, I am doing a double posting because I have been so busy doing things that need to get done that I have been slacking on posting! Anyway, today's craft is called Splatter Art Canvas. It is fairly simple and cheap to do and makes great decorative pieces if you are a student like me and can't afford to go out and buy art for my place.

Things you will need:
- Canvas (can get these cheap at a dollar store, sometimes in multi-packs)
-black paint
-different colors of paint that will be visible on top of black paint

Step 1:
Paint the canvas black. You may have to do this twice as sometimes you will still have white showing through after the first coat. Let it dry!

Step 2:
Take a paintbrush and a color. Get a bit of paint on your brush and flick it towards the black canvas. You may want to do this outside as it will get on more places then your canvas. Repeat this step with however many colors you want.

Step 3:
Let it dry and if you want you  can modge podge it so that it has a shiny protective layer on it! Also if you dont have a canvas that is stretched over a piece of wood, you will want to find some way of hanging it. I used some extra ribbon I had lying around and a hot glue gun to glue the ribbon on.

Hope this was as fun for you as it was for me. This craft could make a great gift for a friend or relative as you would have to use a black background. Play around with it and make it unique to you! Happy Crafting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment