Friday 6 July 2012

Colorful Coffee Filter Snowflakes

Hello my fabulous crafters!

First off, I would like to say Happy Belated Canada Day to my fellow Canadians, and if there are any American readers out there, Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! For today's craft, I'm going to do something fairly easy to make. I know summer has started and so I thought this would be a great craft to do if you have kids or are babysitting. I call this craft " Colorful Coffee Filter Snowflakes", but honestly you can make whatever shape you want.... perhaps flowers?

Things you will need:
-Coffee Filters (I got mine from the Dollar store - you can get a lot for cheap)
-Scissors
-Markers (Washable works best)
-Spray bottle filled with water
-Newspaper (to lay on the table to avoid mess)

Step 1:
Lay down the newspaper. Color the Coffee Filter with all of your preferred colors. Once it is done, it will look weird but don't worry because those colors will be faded.

Step 2:
Take the spray bottle and spray the coffee filter until it is wet and the colors are bleeding into one another. Once complete, set out to dry. It might help to have a designated area of newspaper that is dry so the coffee filters can dry. You can also take a hair dryer to them if you don't want to wait.

Step 3:
Once dry, cut out desired shape and decorate if you want to. I decided to do colorful snowflakes. We cut out patterns to make the snowflakes. Then for extra bling, I glue tin foil to mine.

It is entirely up to you how to finish off the project. I hung mine in a window and when it was sunny, the tin foil would catch the light and sparkle. This craft is easy to do with kids! If you wanna get really creative, you can try making fake flowers with them. I do not have a post for this but perhaps sometime in the future. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment