Tuesday 17 March 2015

St. Paddy's Day with Brittany: DIY Wreath for the Front Door.

Hello Everyone! 

Hope you all are having a fabulous St. Paddy's Day. I'm bringing you my last DIY post having to do with this Irish Celebration. This one is fairly simple and fairly cheap to do. It probably took me, like, an hour tops! Let's get started!!!

Things You Need:
-scissors
-velcro circles
-tulle
-metal ring
-foam shamrock 
-wire garland

Step 1:
Decide how long you want your tulle to extend out. Cut a lot of strips of tulle. I'm not sure how many I cut... I would say something like 50-75 strips. 

Step 2:
Once you have the strips cut, start tying them onto the metal ring. To do this, you need to fold the strip of tulle in half, forming a loop. With the strip still folded in half, put it around the metal wire. Then slip the two ends of the tulle through that loop that you made. Pull it tightly!

Step 3:
Next, do Step 2 until the entire metal ring has been covered. Once you have finished, fluff it out if it needs it. Place one side of the velcro on the tulle and press it down firmly. Press the other piece of the velcro pair to your foam shamrock. Place the foam shamrock on the wreath (I did this so I could reuse the wreath for Easter/Spring). 

Step 4:
Finally, take the wire garland and cut off a strip of it. Wrap one end around one side of the wire ring and then take the other end and do the same on the opposite end. Once it is secure, you are finished. One thing I will mention is to make sure you don't secure the garland too securely, if you are going to repurpose this into a Spring/Easter wreath! 

And that is how you make this simple and cute St. Patrick's Day Wreath! Wasn't that easy? I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial. If you make this yourself, be sure to leave me pictures or links so I can see your creativity! Until next time, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment