Monday 30 March 2015

Spring Thaw with Brittany: DIY Glitter Easter Egg Picks for Flower Arrangements!

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday afternoon! I'm back with another post for those who are getting into Easter decorating. This is a simple and affordable project. It is also not all that time-comsuming. The most time spent is waiting for things to dry. Today, we will be making our own glitter eggs for flower or plant arrangements. I couldn't find any I liked in the Dollar Store so I figured I would make my own. Let's get into it!

Things You Need:
-scissors
-skewer sticks
-plastic eggs
-fine glitter
-white glue
-paint brush
-clear sealant spray (you can also use hairspray if you don't have sealant spray)

Step 1:
Cut the skewer sticks in half. I made 8 eggs so you will need four skewer sticks.

Step 2:
Stick the skewer stick into the hole at the bottom of the egg. Push it through to the whole in the top. Try to get it in the top hole but not so far that it sticks out noticeably.

Step 3:
Take your paintbrush and white school glue and cover the egg. Be sure to apply a generous amount (Because of the plastic the glue will separate and so not all of it will be covered in glitter).

Step 4:
Take the glitter and pour it all over the egg. Be sure to be turning the egg to get all of it covered. Put it aside. Repeat the last four steps with all your eggs.

Step 5:
Once you have completely glittered all the eggs, take your sealant (or hairspray) and coat it with a thin layer. Be sure to get all areas of the egg. Set aside and let them dry.

And there you have it! You have lovely glitter eggs to put in your flower or plant arrangements. You could hot glue little loops of string on them and hang them on your mantle from a string as well. You can really do a lot with these little guys. Well, I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you tackled this project by leaving me comments, pictures or links to your posts in the comments box below. I love hearing from you guys! Until next time, Happy Easter! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment