Thursday 19 July 2012

Key Holder

Hello my fellow crafters!

As promised, I am posting new blogs today to catch up with the postings I've been neglecting to post. Today's craft is another fairly simple one. Its a key holder. If you are like me and are finding keys everywhere in your house or are always misplacing them, this is a good craft to do as the end result will give you a place to put all those keys.

Things you will need:
- piece of wood (square or rectangle, whichever you prefer)
- paint in the color of your choice
-mod podge

-paintbrush
-gold screw-in hooks
-two different scrapbook pieces of paper of your choice
-sandpaper
-picture hanging kit

Step 1:
First you will want to smooth any rough edges down on your piece of wood. Once you have done this, you should clean off any dust and then paint it in your chosen color. (I chose black) Let this dry.

Step 2:
Once the paint has dried, figure out how big you want the first piece of scrapbook paper to be on your piece of wood. This will be the background. After this has been figured out and cut out, attached it to the piece of wood using the mod podge.

Step 3:
Once you have secured the background piece of scrapbook paper (see pictures for reference if you are confused), make the letter of your last name in the other sheet of scrapbook paper. Once you have put it on the piece of scrapbook paper, cut it out and use the mod podge to seal it onto the background piece.

Step 4:
Once the mod podge has dried, screw in the gold hooks. I put in three because my piece of wood wasn't as big as some of the others I've seen. You can put as many has you want in but typically I think four or five is the general amount.

Step 5:
Once everything is complete, get a cheap picture hanging kit (I got mine from the dollar store) and attach a little jagged edge hanger on the back. (I'm not sure what it is actually called but it looks like a jagged tooth mouth. It has two holes on either end). Once this is complete, enjoy your new key holder. Now you can relax because you have a place to hang your keys now and the chance of losing them is a lot less now. Happy Crafting!!! :

No comments:

Post a Comment