Friday 15 November 2013

Christmas Gift Idea #3 - DIY Nail Spa Kit

Hey Everyone!

Woooooooo hoooooo! Three DIY blog posts in one night! I'm on a roll! Hopefully, I can keep this up and keep getting things done so you guys keep getting great ideas for gifts or just fun little projects. So, this is something I put together for a family member for Christmas. I won't say who in case they are reading! This is a little gift idea that is super easy to put together and doesn't take a chunk out of your wallet. It does take a bit of time though! You can also make it very personable and unique to the person you are making it for. Let's get started!

Things you will need:
-Paint
-Paintbrush
-box (wooden or otherwise)
-sealing spray (optional)
-tissue paper
-objects to put in box depending on your theme (mine is a nail spa kit)

Step 1:
Paint the box in whatever colour you choose. Also, be sure to paint the lid. Set that aside and let it dry. You may need to do a second coat. Once it has dried, you need to spray the box with the sealer spray so that it is protected should the box get wet. Set it aside to dry. (I would not suggest spraying the sealer spray on the inside of the lid. I did that to mine and it got stuck and the lid ripped... I was able to fix it but maybe just don't do it)

Step 2:
Once everything is dry, you can put the tissue paper inside the box. If you want things to stand up or be propped up, you may want to use more than one sheet of tissue paper. Once you have it the way you want it, you can start putting your little goodies in it. For my nail spa kit, I bought stuff at Dollarama and Shoppers Drug Mart. From Dollarama, I got some Revlon Nail files, a little bottle of nail polish remover, a head band, a sleep mask, some nail stickers and a little gift set of nail polishes.
From Shoppers, I bought some sticker decals and a nail stamp set from the Essence line.

Step 3:
One the lid, I put a monogram on it for my family member using a stencil I made and some white paint. I sprayed it with the sealing spray. Let it dry and then put the lid on it.

Again, this is super easy but time consuming! Be sure to set aside time if you are going tackle this project. You can personalize it for whoever you are giving it to or give it a theme if you know of a favourite hobby or activity. Happy Crafting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment