Thursday 7 November 2013

DIY Black Cat Halloween Costume

Hey Crafters!

Sorry this is soooo late! I have barely had time to sit down, let alone write. I am seriously hoping my schedule will settle down once I am done figuring things out. I'm hoping to do a lot more posts in the near future as I have a ton of things coming up to share with you all. For now, I'll share with you all how I did my black cat costume for Halloween this year. Look on my other blog on how I did my makeup.

Things you will need:
-black pants/ tights
-black shirt/ sweater
-furry cat ears
-furry bow tie (optional)
-furry tail (optional)
-makeup for your face

Step 1:
Find an outfit, preferably all black since it is a black cat. If you don't own a lot of black, then get creative. Try and find things around the house. Perhaps a family member has some stuff or your significant other. If not, you can always go to your local thrift shop and find something there. Put this on first as it will be harder once your ears and hair are done.

Step 2:
Next, you will want to make or buy some fuzzy cat ears. For myself, I went to my local Dollarama and purchased the ears, bow tie and tail in a set. (I didn't have time to make this stuff) It was 2 bucks, I think. They had a bit of variety and so you have some options if you're not into the whole black cat thing. It's entirely up to you. I didn't end up wearing the tail anyway. Ha ha!

Step 3:
The next step is to do your hair and makeup. For my hair, I just used my straighter to straighten it. Then I put the cat ears on. To do my makeup, I clipped my hair back and then started on my face. I looked at a bunch of youtube tutorials on how to do cat makeup for halloween. I would definitely recommend doing that before starting. I found it super helpful.

Once your makeup is complete, put on your bow tie and tail if you want. And voila! You have been transformed into a black cat. Happy Spooking.... I mean, Crafting!!! xoxo


Below are two pictures: one is of my outfit, the other is a close up of my face, hair and ears.

Closeup of my makeup and hair!!
My outfit: black v-neck sweater, black pants and black vest

No comments:

Post a Comment