Thursday 14 November 2013

DIY Mini-mergency Kits

Hey Guys!
So sorry I have been MIA the past couple of weeks. Things have been getting really busy with the holiday season coming up. I've also been trying to purge stuff and that has been quite the chore. Anyway, I'm going to be doing a bunch of blog posts hopefully in the next few days, on both of my blogs. Be sure to look for them. I'll link my other blog below.

http://brittreport.blogspot.ca

Anyway, today's DIY is super easy. It is something you can easily make for yourself or for a relative. The ones I am showing you I have made for Christmas; although I haven't decided who to give them to yet. I was watching a vlog a while back and someone was talking about this. It is called a Minimergency Kit and they are super easy to make. They are also very handy to have in your purse. Let's get started!

Things you will need:
-a small makeup bag/pouch/clutch etc (I found mine at Dollarama)
-various things you want to have handy in your little kit (ie. safety pins, bandaids, hand lotion, mints, hair elastics etc)

Step 1:
Take the tags off the bag and take out the stuffing from inside.

Step 2: Fill it with things that you want to have in it in case of emergencies. In these ones, I put a Chapstick lip balm, clear nail polish, hand lotion, hair elastics, a black headband, mints, bandaids, kleenex, safety pins, hand sanitizer, a little notebook and a cute mechanical pencil.

Obviously, you can add to it and make it more personal and more catered to you. I just did a basic one because I am giving it away as gifts. If you are giving it away as a gift, be sure to put a little card in there explaining what it is. I also have one that I made myself. Mine has my EOS lip balm in it, and it doesn't have the clear nail polish in it. Like I said, get creative with it. Personalize it to you or to whoever you are giving it to.

Happy Crafting!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment