Monday 1 September 2014

DIY Magnet Sign

Hi my fellow DIY-ers!

Happy September! I cannot believe that the summer is over and school starts tomorrow. With the spirit of getting organized in order to start a new school year off right, I came across a little DIY project on Pinterest a few weeks ago. It is a magnet sign for your dishwasher so those in your family will know whether the dishwasher is clean or not. It is a good way to let people know whether or not they can put things in dishwasher or if it needs to be emptied. In my household, this is going to come in handy because with my husband at work a lot and me at home, he never knows if I've turned it on or emptied it and I never know if he has looked after it while I was out or busy. It's a very simple little DIY that will only take an hour tops! Let's get started, shall we?

Things you will need:
-scissors
-sticker paper
-magnet (one large enough to write on)
-pencil
-markers

Step 1:
Place the magnet over top of the sticker paper. Take your pencil and trace around the outside of the magnet. Cut it out

Step 2:
Carefully, peel the backing off the sticker paper and place on the front side of the magnet (the side that is not magnetic). You may need to cut out more pieces from the sticker paper. I had to do this with mine so you couldn't see what was on the actual magnet.

Step 3:
Once, the magnet is covered to your satisfaction, take your pencil and split the space in half horizontally. On one side write Clean and then flip it around (so that Clean is upside down) and write Dirty.

Step 4:
Use your markers to design it however you like. Do this until you are satisfied with it. Then hang it on the magnetic part of the dishwasher. (Note* Make sure your magnet is strong enough to stay on the dishwasher. Mine is not, so I need to get a stronger magnet and attach it to my sign.

And that's it! You're done your magnetic sign for your dishwasher. Hope this was a good tutorial and that you had fun creating this sign. Happy Crafting! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment