Thursday 25 September 2014

I Love Fall: DIY Autumn Wreath!

Hi Everyone!

I am back with a fairly easy, yet time-consuming DIY project for Autumn. I love Autumn! It's my favourite time of year. I love the crispness of the fall air and the beautiful colours that come with the changing of the seasons. Today, I'm bringing you a DIY Autumn Wreath for your front door. Like I said, it is easy and fairly cheap but it is a bit time-consuming. Be sure you have the time... or start it and then come back to it later. Let's get started!

Things You Need:
-grapevine wreath
-fake autumn foliage
-scissors
-hot glue sticks
-hot glue gun
-ribbon
-wreath holder for the door
-wooden letter (optional)
-paint
-paintbrush

Step 1:
Cut the foliage so that it isn't in a big bunch. (This is how you buy it at the store). Once you have separated all the pieces, decide on the colours you want, which ones you want to use etc. (NOTE: make sure you leave a few inches of the stem on each piece - do NOT cut it right under the leaf or flower etc).

Step 2:
Carefully, start placing the foliage in between the vines of the wreath. You may have to really work it into some places. i struggled a bit with some of my pieces. But once they are in, they are in. (NOTE: I hot glued some of mine in that weren't staying between the vines).

Step 3:
Once you have all the foliage the way you want it (don't be afraid to get creative and play around with it), you can take your ribbon and cut off a considerable piece. I just made a simple bow and glued it in a spot I felt had a little less going on.

Step 4:
Next, paint your wooden letter in the colour that you desire, if you have decided to do this step. I had this wooden letter as a decorative piece on one of the tables at our wedding. I didn't know what else I was going to do with it so I glued it to this wreath. You will need a lot of glue for this part. I also recommend getting a slightly lighter wooden letter, as mine is heavy and the wreath becomes lopsided easily. Once the letter is dry, glue it to the wreath.

Step 5:
Let the glue you put on dry. Once it is ready, take your wreath door hanger (I got mine at Dollarama) and attached it to your front door (or wherever you plan to put this). Then put the wreath on the front of the door. And voila! You are finished a beautiful Autumn Wreath for your door.

I hope that you enjoyed this DIY post! I had an enjoyable time making this wreath. I might do one for Christmas as well. Other than the wooden letter, I bought all the materials for this project at the dollar store! If you do this project yourself, I would love to see them. Post them in the comments below! Happy Crafting!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment