Monday 15 September 2014

Re-Vamp that Bookcase You Dislike!!!

Hi Everyone!

So today, I'm coming at you with a very easy bookcase revamp! It literally took me like 10-15 minutes and I am so in love with how it turned out! It took a ugly, slightly damaged book case and made it a little more modern. It might be a little time consuming but not too much! Let's get started, shall we?

Things You Need:
-contact paper (in a cool pattern or colour)
-scissors
-ruler
-pencil

Step 1:
Clear off the shelves on your book case. If you need to, wipe them down. This is especially important to do for the back of the bookcase. You want to make sure the area you will be putting the contact paper is clean.

Step 2:
Take your ruler and measure the length and width of the back of each shelf (the area where the contact paper goes). Take the contact paper, turn it over and measure out what you measured for the back of the shelf. Carefully cut it out.

Step 3: 
Carefully peel the backing off the contact paper and stick it to the back wall of the bookcase. You may need to do this slowly and carefully. I had some air bubbles in mine. You can flatten these out for the most part but you may end up with crinkles. What I like about the pattern I chose is that you really can't see the crinkles.

Step 4:
Repeat the previous steps for each of the other shelves in your bookcase until you are finished. Put everything back on your bookcase and you are finished.

I hope you enjoyed re-vamping an old bookcase! I think it's a great way to save some money and to keep something and turn it into something better. I think I only paid six bucks for the contact paper at Canadian Tire as I had the rest of the materials already. Happy Crafting! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment