Tuesday 28 October 2014

Happy Halloween: DIY Jack-o-lantern Bowl!

Hi Everyone!

So Halloween is almost here! I can't believe that October is nearly over! A lot of you will be prepping your houses for Halloween, so while you are doing that, why not add this cute little Jack-o-lantern bowl to your decor? He is super easy and cheap to make. Let's get started!

Things You Need:
-Round glass bowl
-Orange paint
-Black paint marker

Step 1:
Take your glass bowl and carefully wash it with soap and water. Rinse it out and dry it.

Step 2:
Once it is dry, you can pour some of the orange paint into the bowl. Slowly, rotate the bowl around on its side. The goal is to cover the inside with the paint. If you need to add more, feel free.

Step 3:
Once you have covered the inside, you can pour the excess back into the paint bottle or you can leave it in the to dry at the bottom of the bowl. I did the second one because there wasn't a lot of paint in my bowl left. Leave it to dry.

Step 4:
Once it is dry, take your black paint marker and draw on the eyes, nose and mouth however you would like. If you feel it is too thin and you can see orange through the black paint, very carefully go over it a second time. I found that dabbing the areas that were thin worked better than drawing over top it. Let that dry and then you are done!

So that is the little Jack-o-lantern bowl decor piece. I haven't decided where I am going to put him, but I'm sure I will find a spot for him. I hope you enjoyed this DIY Halloween project! If you do this DIY, then be sure to leave me pictures in the comments section.
I would love to see them! Happy Haunting! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment