Friday 10 October 2014

What Should I Do With An Old Picture Frame?

Hi Everyone!

So I am playing catchup for this week, so I'm back again with another DIY post. This is another easy and cheap project. A while back I was sitting here with a picture frame I had used for something in my wedding and I really wanted to keep it because it looked nice and vintage. However, the little prop on the back was nearly broken off. I wondered what I could do with it. Then I remembered something I had seen on Pinterest to hold little pictures. So that is what I made.

This DIY is so cheap and so easy. It took me about an hour to an hour and a half. I didn't spend any money because I already had everything I needed in my craft room. If you do need these materials, Michaels and Dollarama are good places to look for supplies.

So if you are ready, let's get started!

The Things You Need:
-old picture frame
-twine
-mini clothes pins
-glue gun
-glue gun glue sticks
-spray paint (optional)

Step 1:
Take the frame apart. Discard the back and the glass.

Step 2:
Put newspaper down in the area you are going to spray paint the frame (this is optional. I didn't like the colour of my frame so I spray painted!).

Step 3:
Once you are prepped for spray painting, set your frame down and put on the first coat. Let that dry (This could take anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the type of spray paint you use).
Repeat this step as many times as you need. The paint can be as opaque or sheer as you like. It's completely up to you.

Step 4:
Once you are happy and the paint is dry, bring it back to your work space and plug in your glue gun. Wait for it to get hot.

Step 5:
Once hot, glue one end of the twine to the back of the frame. Then drape the twine to the opposite side and glue it down with the hot glue gun. Cut off the excess twine. Repeat this step as many times as you want. I only did it twice because my frame is small.

Step 6:
Once the glue has dried, attach the mini clothes pins and you are done. Instead of an old picture frame, you now have a newer, more modern version on a picture frame and a nice new decor piece for your home. I hope that you enjoyed this DIY. Definitely let me know if you want to see more home decor DIYs. Also, if you make your own version of this, be sure to send me a picture in the comments or attach a link so I can view them on a different social media site! Have fun and Happy Crafting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment