Thursday 9 October 2014

I LOVE FALL DIY: Leaf Candle Holder

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy trying to play catch-up and actually get some stuff done so that I will have stuff to post on here. Anyway, I'm back with a quick, easy, and cheap DIY home decor item for Autumn. Let's get started!

What you will Need:
-candle jar that has been cleaned out
-glue gun
-glue sticks
-fake leaves (I got mine at Dollar Tree)
-twine

Step 1:
Open the package of leaves and determine how big they are. Start laying out how you want it to look when glued around the glass candle jar. Do this while you are waiting for the glue gun to get hot (Oh ya, remember to plug in the glue gun!)

Step 2:
Once your glue gun is ready and you have decided about the placement of the leaves. Start gluing the leaves to the jar. You will want to do this part as fast as possible because the glue dries and hardens fairly quickly. Glue leaves all around the jar. You can put as little or as many as you like.

Step 3: Once you have glued leaves all around the jar, take your twine and cut enough twine so you can wrap it around the jar more than twice. I wrapped it around three times on mine! Once you have knotted it and then tied a bow, you are done! Now you have a cute little Autumn candle holder! Wasn't that easy?!?!

I hope that you enjoyed this simple and cheap tutorial. As you can tell, I only spent about 2 bucks on the leaves because I had everything else at home. If you make your own version of this, I would love to see it, so be sure to leave me a picture of it in the comments or leave me a link where I can view it on another site! Happy Crafting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment