Friday 3 October 2014

I Love Fall: DIY Canvas Subway Art

Hi Everyone!

It's Brittany and I'm back with another Autumn Decor DIY! I'm so excited to share this one with you. I started this project last Thanksgiving but ran out of time to finish it and so this year, I figured I would finish it and show you guys. This one is really time consuming so definitely start this one early. Let's get started!

Things you need:
-canvas
-sharpie markers
-pencil
-eraser
-computer (optional)
-spray sealant

Step 1:
Take your pencil and eraser and lightly plan out what you want your canvas to look like. Really make sure to do it lightly so that you can erase things if needed. You might need to look up different fonts on your computer.

Step 2:
Next, take the Sharpie marker in the colour you have chosen for your background and colour in the background. This is where things are going to get time consuming. Colour in the background. Be sure to go around all of your lettering.

Step 3:
Once the background is completely coloured in and you are happy with it, take the colour you have chosen for the different fonts and start colouring the words in. This is another time consuming portion, but if you make a mistake it is okay. You will be able to go back and fix things up.

Step 4:
Next, take the other colours you chose in colour in any pictures or fonts you decided were going to be coloured.

Step 5:
Go over the canvas and fix up any mistakes as best you can. Let it dry and then spray it with a sealant so it is protected from water. Let that dry and you are finished!

I hope you enjoyed this Fall DIY! I am so happy I finally got this done and can now enjoy it in my living room. Hope you have just as much fun making it as I did! Be sure to share them with me, by leaving a picture in the comments! Happy Crafting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment