Wednesday 8 August 2012

DIY Plastic Bag Holder

Hello my crafty friends!

I have decided to post a few more posts considering I have been slacking lately. One morning, while I was tidying up my living room and kitchen, I noticed that my boyfriend and I have seemingly collected a large pile of plastic grocery bags. They were everywhere: shoved in cubby shelves, in a box, under the sink, in another basket. I decided enough was enough, we need to get rid of some and to put some in a place that would make the kitchen look more cluttered than it already is. So I came across this idea to make a plastic bag holder. It was super easy to do and didn't take a lot of time (maybe an hour)

Things you will need:
-an old litre coffee cannister (big one from Timmy's is what I used)
-scissors
-scrapbook paper to decorate it
-tape
-glue

Step 1:
Clean out the container and dry it.

Step 2:
Cut a hole in the lid about the size of toonie. You can make it bigger if you like.

Step 3:
Cover the cannister with the scrapbook paper of your choice and tape it together. With scrap pieces of paper, make a little sign that says "Plastic Bags" in the font of your choice.

Step 4:
Cover the lid in glue and then glue down a piece of scrapbook paper. When it has dried, cut the paper where you made the hole.

Step 5:
Tape the edge of the paper to the edge of the cannister. This helps the lid go on properly. Put the lid back on.

Step 6:
Fill with plastic bags and leave one sticking out so you can grab it. If you have time, roll the plastic bags so that each time you take one out, another is left sticking out in its place. (You can google how to do this - I didn't have the time)



After that, you are all done! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment