Monday 27 August 2012

DIY Earring Holder

Hello my crafty friends!

I apologize for my lack of posting. Things have been pretty hectic personally. I figured I should post some new blogs considering the last one was the beginning of this month. Sorry for the delay. Anyway, this new post is a DIY earring holder. It is fairly simple.

Things you need:
- paint
-paint brush
-cheese grater
-duct tape
-gold hooks
-glue gun
-glue sticks (for the glue gun)

Step 1:
Paint the cheese grater in your desired color. (I chose red). I bought my cheese grater at the dollar store seeing as I didn't want to use the one my boyfriend and I have been using for the past couple years. The cheese grater was a dollar. You may have to do a few coats of thick paint to make it so you cant see any silver.

Step 2:
Once the coats of paint have been applied, heat up your glue gun and glue the gold hooks in each corner of the bottom of the cheese grater. Make sure they are all glued at the same height so that it will be level when sitting right side up.

Step 3:
My cheese grater came with a little handle. I took this off because I didn't like the color and replaced it with four pieces of duct tape which I wrapped on the inside too. Once that is done, you can choose to varnish it. (I haven't decided if I want to yet)

Step 4:
Put your earrings in the open holes on each side of the cheese grater. Enjoy your new earring holder


This craft is super easy to make. It took me about a day or two. This was mainly because you have to wait for the paint to dry, but after that, it is pretty simple. Enjoy! Happy Crafting!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment