Wednesday 8 August 2012

DIY Rainy Day Change Holder

Hello Again, my crafty friends!

I figured I'd post a few more ideas so that I can start posting the new ideas I've been busy creating.

So the deal with this craft is that my boyfriend really doesn't like change, but I always end up with loose change somehow and it's always laying around our apartment. I figured it would be good to keep it in a jar and to save it for a rainy day or for something we both wanna buy. For awhile, I kept it in a mason jar with a post-it note taped to it that said "Vacation Change" but it was very boring. One night, while searching for ideas, I came across this plastic bottle piggy bank and was like "I bet you could do something similar (but more mature) for the same thing". So I put my creative thinking cap on and went to work. It is another easy project. And it didn't take me a whole lot of time.

Things you will need:
-a small cannister (hot chocolate or coffee works best)
-scrapbook paper
-scissors
-tape
-marker
-glue

Step 1:
Clean the cannister out and dry it.

Step 2:
Wrap your preferred piece of paper around the cannister and tape the ends together. Tape the edge of the scrapbook paper to the top edge of the cannister. This make it easier to put the lid back on. Next make a little sign that say "Rainy Day Savings" or "Vacation Savings". It can be whatever you want it to be.

Step 3:
Cut a rectangular slit in the lid long enough to fit toonies and folded up bills in. Once the hole is made, cover the lid in glue. Then put the preferred piece of paper on the lid.

Step 4:
Once dry, cut the paper where the slit is. Put the lid back on the cannister and enjoy saving for something with this bank that isn't boring!


Happy Crafting All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment